Description: Running Club is a fun way to engage individuals, families, and teams in friendly competition. It is a great way to get our Shafter community active during this time. This club is designed for participants to run at one’s own speed, time, and distance of choice. There is no required mileage or speed.
Registration Date: August 31st – September 25th
Start Date: September 28th – November 20th
Registration fee: (Registration Fee will cover a shirt & mask and will also go to fund weekly prizes.)
- Individual: $30 a person
- This division is for those who want to sign up
- Age groups for this division:
- 14 & under (COED)
- 14-18 (High School division) (COED)
- 18 & older (Adult Division) Female & Male Groups
- 55 & older (Senior Division) (COED)
- Family Group: $25 per person (Must fit the description underneath)
- This division is for those who want to sign up as a family.
- All participants must be from same household
- Team: $25 per person (Must fit the description underneath)
- This division is for those who want to sign up as a team.
- 14 & older can be part of a team
- This division is COED
- We are recommending a team of 6. (Consists of minimum of 4 or maximum 6):
- If you a team more than 6, we will only count your best 6 scores for weekly prizes.
- Each team member must upload their own distance on the app Strava.
- We will be adding distances for each team member weekly.
- Team can walk together, but it is not required.
Guideline and Rules:
- Each week resets after each Thursday at midnight.
- We will be posting the leaders of the week on Friday (those who completed the most miles in the week). We will also be posting the winners of thethe weekly prizes that day as well.
- To qualify for a prize, you must submit your walk through the app Strava in our walking club group.
- We ask that participants submit a picture of a favorite trail or walk, if they so desire.
*Reminder: It is a friendly competition*
We ask that you have access to a smart phone or device that can track your mileage to share and upload to the District. We ask participants to use the Strava app to access a private group where it will track your activity for the week. There is a free version and a paid subscription. Using this app will prevent cheating and enforce honesty from each participant