- The policy is to provide a safe environment for the participation of children and young people by ensuring that they are not left alone before, during or after practice or games.
- Make sure parents/guardians know the time and location of practices and games and plan to accompany their children.
- Request coaches and other sporting personnel to arrive before scheduled practice or game times.
- We ask you to abide by the policy and not break it. Shafter Recreation is not liable and cannot make decisions for your children and young people in case of emergency.
- You will get 4 warnings.
- First is a verbal warning, which the district will contact you about and document for their records.
- Second is a verbal warning, which the district will contact you about and document for their records.
- Third is a written warning with the understanding that if there is a fourth violation a suspension from the league will be issued.
- Fourth violation—you will be suspended from the league.
The expectation is not necessarily that parents/guardians be immediately adjacent to the practice/game field at all times (for example, a parent might have children in more than one team at a time), but that they be on-site at the complex/gymnasium where they could be quickly located in an emergency.
- This “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy applies to all persons participating in any way with all SRPD programs. Repeated refusals to obey this policy will result in the notification of law enforcement. Persons may be banned from the following years’ sports and activities if the District feels it is necessary to ensure the safety and reputation of the SRPD program.
- Parents will respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions and teach participants/athletes to do likewise.
- Parents and guests who are not the team’s designated coaches will refrain from coaching their child or other players during games and practices. Unauthorized coaching only confuses one’s own team and their opponents; this includes on the field, behind the goal, under the hoop, or backstop.
- Show appreciation for volunteer or paid instructors, officials and administrators.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Parents will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- Parents will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
- Parents will teach their children to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Parents will never ridicule or yell at their own child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- The Shafter Recreation and Park District has a policy that there will be ZERO TOLERANCE for anyone’s misbehavior at all sporting events.
- This includes but is not limited to: booing, shouting at officials or arguing any call. Expressing any negative behavior, comments, threats or obscene gestures to players, coaches or officials is unacceptable.
- Parents and guests will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any official, coach, player or other parent/guest such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
- Cheering in a positive fashion, for both sides, is highly encouraged. Our goal is to promote fun. Everyone should set a good example by appreciating and supporting the efforts of both paid officials and volunteer coaches.
- Parents and guests will respect officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field. Concerns and questions can be discussed with coaches at an agreed-upon time and place.
- Any spectator, coach, or athlete who does not behave appropriately (as directed above) will be asked to leave, according to the following steps:
- Staff, officials and/or coaches will identify violators. The coach is held responsible for players and spectators and any violator will be issued a warning. If necessary, the official will eject the violator and ask him/her to leave SRPD premises immediately. Play will not resume until he/she has left the facilities.
- The above violation will be recorded in an incident report to be created immediately after the close of the event.
- The completed incident report must be submitted to the Sports Coordinator and District Manager within 24 hours.
- A decision will be made and the determination given to the individual (violator) in writing, stating specific consequences
- Acts of violence or threats of violence will result in an automatic one (1) year suspension from all SRPD activities or facilities and a restraining order may be obtained. The District Manager has the overall authority to place a suspension against individuals or entire teams, depending on the severity of the offense. The decision made by the District Manager will be final and the Board of Directors will be notified.
- Upon completion of the 1-year suspension, a written apology and a public statement is required. It must be presented to the Board of Directors in order to end the suspension.
Parent/Legal Guardian Consent
I hereby consent that the child named above participate in the (above) activity and I hereby execute the above Agreement, Waiver, and Release on his/her behalf. I state that said minor is physically able to participate in said activity. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the persons and entities mentioned above free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which may incur as a result of the death or injury or property damage that said minor may sustain while participating in said activity. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVER, AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND SHAFTER RECREATION AND PARK DISTRICT AND I SIGN IT OF MY FREE WILL.
I have carefully read the description of the activity for which I/we are registering and in consideration for being permitted by the Shafter Recreation and Park District to participate in the above activity. I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damages for personal injury, death, or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter discharge in advance Shafter Recreation and Park District, its officers, employees, and agents from participation in said activity, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above. It is understood that this activity involves an element of risk and danger of accidents and knowing those risks I hereby assume those risks. It is further agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on my heirs and assigns. I agree to indemnify and to hold the above persons or entities free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense which they may incur as the result of my death or injury or property damage that I may sustain while participating in said activity.
At Shafter Recreation & Park District, we have a NO REFUND policy for program registrations, largely because teams are formed and uniforms are ordered based on registration information and volunteer, participants and entire programs are affected by any withdrawals. Your payment will go towards uniforms, staffing, and rental fees the recreation has to pay for.
There are many activities and accomplishments that take place in our program which we feel are positive, newsworthy and of interest to the community. Shafter Recreation and Park District may take photos of participants and use photos to but not limited to Social Media, Website(shafterrecreation.com), and News Papers.
Protected Player Policy
- The policy is to define the process in which SRPD defines and formulates placing specified players with specified coaches.
- Each team may have up to two (2) protected players MAX in the following sports (basketball, Flag Football)
- The Head Coach may have one (1) protected player.
- The Assistant Coach may have one (1) protected player.
Note: Head coach may have three (3) protected players MAX per team “relation specific” with proof legal guardianship.
- Protected players must be defined at the time of coaches registration.
All protected players must be registered and paid for at the time of definition.
|Shafter Recreation and Park District Extreme Heat and AQI Policy|
|Stage||AQI Values||Level of Health Concern||Cautionary Statements||Practices||Temperature (In °F)|
|1||0-50||Good||None||•Frequent hydration when needed|
|2||51-100||Moderate||Unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Frequent hydration when needed
•Frequent shade breaks
|3||101-150||Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Frequent hydration when needed
•Frequent shade breaks
|4||151-174||Unhealthy||Active children and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•No practice with pads before 6pm
•NO distance running training from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
•Frequent hydration every 30 minutes for 5 minutes in duration
•Frequent shade breaks
|5||175-200||Unhealthy||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Practice starts after 6pm
•NO distance running training.
•Light walk-through activities only
•Frequent hydration whenever needed and access to water throughout practice
•Frequent shade breaks
•If your regular scheduled practice time is pushed back due to heat or air quality restrictions, your end time must remain as regularly scheduled.
|6||201 +||Very Unhealthy/Hazardous||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors.||•No Outside Practice.
•No Contests or Games
|107° and over|
|7||301-500||Hazardous||Everyone should avoid all physical Activity outdoors.||•No Activities indoor or outside.
||108° and over|
|NOTE: In the event either a Dust Storm Warning or Blowing Dust Advisory is issued by the National Weather Service, All out door events will be cancelled and rescheduled.|