Parent/Guardian Supervision at practice/games
- The policy is to provide a safe environment for the participation of children and young people by ensuring that they are not left alone before, during or after practice or games.
- Make sure parents/guardians know the time and location of practices and games and plan to accompany their children.
- Request coaches and other sporting personnel to arrive before scheduled practice or game times.
- We ask you to abide by the policy and not break it. Shafter Recreation is not liable and cannot make decisions for your children and young people in case of emergency.
- You will get 4 warnings.
- First is a verbal warning, which the district will contact you about and document for their records.
- Second is a verbal warning, which the district will contact you about and document for their records.
- Third is a written warning with the understanding that if there is a fourth violation a suspension from the league will be issued.
- Fourth violation—you will be suspended from the league.
The expectation is not necessarily that parents/guardians be immediately adjacent to the practice/game field at all times (for example, a parent might have children in more than one team at a time), but that they be on-site at the complex/gymnasium where they could be quickly located in an emergency.
- This “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy applies to all persons participating in any way with all SRPD programs. Repeated refusals to obey this policy will result in the notification of law enforcement. Persons may be banned from the following years’ sports and activities if the District feels it is necessary to ensure the safety and reputation of the SRPD program.
- Parents will respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions and teach participants/athletes to do likewise.
- Parents and guests who are not the team’s designated coaches will refrain from coaching their child or other players during games and practices. Unauthorized coaching only confuses one’s own team and their opponents; this includes on the field, behind the goal, under the hoop, or backstop.
- Show appreciation for volunteer or paid instructors, officials and administrators.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Parents will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- Parents will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
- Parents will teach their children to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Parents will never ridicule or yell at their own child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- The Shafter Recreation and Park District has a policy that there will be ZERO TOLERANCE for anyone’s misbehavior at all sporting events.
- This includes but is not limited to: booing, shouting at officials or arguing any call. Expressing any negative behavior, comments, threats or obscene gestures to players, coaches or officials is unacceptable.
- Parents and guests will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any official, coach, player or other parent/guest such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
- Cheering in a positive fashion, for both sides, is highly encouraged. Our goal is to promote fun. Everyone should set a good example by appreciating and supporting the efforts of both paid officials and volunteer coaches.
- Parents and guests will respect officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field. Concerns and questions can be discussed with coaches at an agreed-upon time and place.
- Any spectator, coach, or athlete who does not behave appropriately (as directed above) will be asked to leave, according to the following steps:
- Staff, officials and/or coaches will identify violators. The coach is held responsible for players and spectators and any violator will be issued a warning. If necessary, the official will eject the violator and ask him/her to leave SRPD premises immediately. Play will not resume until he/she has left the facilities.
- The above violation will be recorded in an incident report to be created immediately after the close of the event.
- The completed incident report must be submitted to the Sports Coordinator and District Manager within 24 hours.
- A decision will be made and the determination given to the individual (violator) in writing, stating specific consequences
- Acts of violence or threats of violence will result in an automatic one (1) year suspension from all SRPD activities or facilities and a restraining order may be obtained. The District Manager has the overall authority to place a suspension against individuals or entire teams, depending on the severity of the offense. The decision made by the District Manager will be final and the Board of Directors will be notified.
- Upon completion of the 1-year suspension, a written apology and a public statement is required. It must be presented to the Board of Directors in order to end the suspension.
Parent/Legal Guardian Consent
I hereby consent that the child named above participate in the (above) activity and I hereby execute the above Agreement, Waiver, and Release on his/her behalf. I state that said minor is physically able to participate in said activity. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the persons and entities mentioned above free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which may incur as a result of the death or injury or property damage that said minor may sustain while participating in said activity. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVER, AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND SHAFTER RECREATION AND PARK DISTRICT AND I SIGN IT OF MY FREE WILL.
I have carefully read the description of the activity for which I/we are registering and in consideration for being permitted by the Shafter Recreation and Park District to participate in the above activity. I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damages for personal injury, death, or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter discharge in advance Shafter Recreation and Park District, its officers, employees, and agents from participation in said activity, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above. It is understood that this activity involves an element of risk and danger of accidents and knowing those risks I hereby assume those risks. It is further agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on my heirs and assigns. I agree to indemnify and to hold the above persons or entities free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense which they may incur as the result of my death or injury or property damage that I may sustain while participating in said activity.
At Shafter Recreation & Park District, we have a NO REFUND policy for program registrations, largely because teams are formed and uniforms are ordered based on registration information and volunteer, participants and entire programs are affected by any withdrawals. Your payment will go towards uniforms, staffing, and rental fees the recreation has to pay for.
There are many activities and accomplishments that take place in our program which we feel are positive, newsworthy and of interest to the community. Shafter Recreation and Park District may take photos of participants and use photos to but not limited to Social Media, Website(shafterrecreation.com), and News Papers.
Protected Player Policy
- The policy is to define the process in which SRPD defines and formulates placing specified players with specified coaches.
- Each team may have up to two (2) protected players MAX in the following sports (basketball, Flag Football)
- The Head Coach may have one (1) protected player.
- The Assistant Coach may have one (1) protected player.
Note: Head coach may have three (3) protected players MAX per team “relation specific” with proof legal guardianship.
- Protected players must be defined at the time of coaches registration.
All protected players must be registered and paid for at the time of definition.
|Shafter Recreation and Park District Extreme Heat and AQI Policy|
|Stage||AQI Values||Level of Health Concern||Cautionary Statements||Practices||Temperature (In °F)|
|1||0-50||Good||None||•Frequent hydration when needed|
|2||51-100||Moderate||Unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Frequent hydration when needed
•Frequent shade breaks
|3||101-150||Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Frequent hydration when needed
•Frequent shade breaks
|4||151-174||Unhealthy||Active children and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•No practice with pads before 6pm
•NO distance running training from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
•Frequent hydration every 30 minutes for 5 minutes in duration
•Frequent shade breaks
|5||175-200||Unhealthy||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors||•Practice starts after 6pm
•NO distance running training.
•Light walk-through activities only
•Frequent hydration whenever needed and access to water throughout practice
•Frequent shade breaks
•If your regular scheduled practice time is pushed back due to heat or air quality restrictions, your end time must remain as regularly scheduled.
|6||201 +||Very Unhealthy/Hazardous||Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors.||•No Outside Practice.
•No Contests or Games
|107° and over|
|7||301-500||Hazardous||Everyone should avoid all physical Activity outdoors.||•No Activities indoor or outside.
||108° and over|
|NOTE: In the event either a Dust Storm Warning or Blowing Dust Advisory is issued by the National Weather Service, All out door events will be cancelled and rescheduled.|
Shafter Recreation and Park District Summer camp is NOT a drop-in-program. Please notify us at 661-910-8345 or 661-746-3303 if your student will miss the activity for that day. Any of the activities done that day will be missed and it will not be made up. Summer Camp runs from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please make sure your student arrives prior to 9 am. If you’re arriving after 8:30 am, make sure to feed your student(s) breakfast. Pick-up times will start at 4:00 pm in the blue gym even though we are open until 5:30 pm.
If for any reason you need to pick up your student(s) before 4:00 pm, please call 661-910-8345 or 661-746-3303.
PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT:
Parents or other adults authorized by parents to pick up a student are required to sign students in and out of the SRPD Summer Camp. The person designated to pick up or drop off student(s) will write the time arriving and leaving with the student. Identification may be required during this time. In an emergency, the parent or guardian with legal custody may call the SRPD Summer Camp Coordinator to authorize a change for the day, providing appropriate identification is presented. No one under the age of 16 may sign a student out of the Summer Camp. There are no exceptions to the sign in and out procedures, this is for safety purposes.
Participation in the SRPD Summer Camp is a privilege. All students must follow the rules of the Summer Camp. Any form of disruptive or disrespectful behavior toward other students or staff is a reason for dismissal. We encourage you to discuss concerns about your student’s behavior with the Summer Camp Coordinator.
It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to keep the SRPD Summer Camp staff informed of the current contact information for emergency cards and sign out sheets. Although the CHAMPS staff is committed and qualified, your help and communication with our staff is welcomed. Please be advised that a lack of parental support and cooperation and/or failure to follow program guidelines, could result in a child’s dismissal from the program without a refund.
Student Internet User Agreement
I understand that the SRPD Summer Camp will provide my child access to the internet for educational purposes. I agree that I will use this access only for those purposes and in a manner that is consistent with the adopted curriculum and educational policies of the Richland School District. Internet access is a privilege, not a right. I understand that my access will be withheld if I abuse the privilege, violate the District’s Internet Policy, violate the rules of network etiquette, or engage in any prohibited activity on the internet. I will not allow any other person to access the Internet using my district account, and I will not access the internet using anyone else’s district account.
I am the parent/guardian and I request my student be given access to the internet for educational purposes. I will review with my student the districts internet policy, rules for internet etiquette, and prohibited internet practices. I understand that access may be withheld if the policy and rules are violated.
Rental Periods & Fees
The renter shall have use of the facility on the reserved day for a fee $50 or $60 per hour. The renter must rent the facility for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 6 hours. The $60 fee will include chairs and tables. In addition to the fee, a deposit of $200 will be required.
The rental charge shall shall be the sum of $200 plus hours reserved. Such charge shall cover only that portion of the premises rented (dining room, entry foyer, restrooms). The renter and the persons attending the event shall not be permitted to use any other part of the Walker Center or equipment except as noted. The use of the parking lot shall be included in the rental. SRPD will be listed as an ADDITIONALLY INSURED under the renter’s home owners insured for the special event.
An additional charge of $200.00, to be paid with application, shall be made to cover any damage or loss that may occur to the premises or its contents, and shall be refundable only if it is determined by the Shafter Recreation & Park District that no damage has been done to the building or loss to its contents during said event. Such deposit may be held for up to four (4) weeks following the date of rental. The Renter may request a tour of the building and a review of its contents prior to the event in order to verify the condition of the building and its contents. Any damage or loss occurring to the building or its contents shall be the responsibility of the Renter. To the extent required, the damage deposit shall be used to repair any damage or pay for any loss. Any damage or loss occurring in excess of the deposit shall be paid to the Shafter Recreation & Park District immediately upon demand. This may include the cost of time spent by any Shafter Recreation employee, or Shafter Recreation contractor (including materials) needed to clean or repair the premises or disperse the group or deal with disturbances. Persons signing this permit agree to make immediate settlement for any such cleaning, loss, breakage, etc. An application must be made by submitting this rental agreement form properly signed with payment in full by cash or check(s). Applications must be filed with payment in full at least fourteen (14) days before the event.
In the event that the Shafter Recreation & Park District should deem it necessary to have police at the function, it shall be the responsibility of the renter to engage such police at the renters expense.
Gambling and Alcoholic Beverages
There shall be no gambling or alcoholic beverages permitted on the Walker Center property. The renter hereby represents and guarantees that no gambling or alcoholic beverages shall be permitted before, during or after the event. Should gambling or alcoholic beverages be observed; the event will be terminated and any deposits or rental fees shall be forfeited. Renter hereby accepts all responsibility should any arrests be made, or citations be issued for gambling or alcoholic beverages violations.
The capacity of the premises rented here under is limited to a maximum of 78 persons at the Walker Center. Exceeding this maximum may result in closure of event.
Handicapped parking spaces are available. The Shafter Recreation & Park District assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever for damages to any vehicles or contents thereof.
Equipment and Supplies
Tables and chairs shall be furnished by the Shafter Recreation & Park District to adequately seat the number of persons stated on the agreement. The entire kitchen area will be off limits to everyone except Shafter Recreation & Park District employees. No food preparation is allowed on the facility.
Excessive noise shall not be permitted on Walker Senior Citizens Center property. It is the responsibility of renter to control such things as music, speakers, boisterous participants, etc. Failure to control may result in closing of event in addition to any criminal charges that may result
Only table decorations are acceptable. No decorations may be hung on walls or ceilings. All candles must be in glass containers. Helium-filled balloons are only acceptable as a weighted table decoration. Confetti decorations are not permitted.
Compliance with Laws
The renter agrees to comply with all laws of the State of California and the United States of America, and the renter agrees not to use or occupy the premises for unlawful proposes or permit others to use the premises for unlawful purposes, and will conform to and abide by all laws and regulations of any governmental body or agency, and the rules and regulations of the Township regarding said premises or the use thereof.
Liability & Damages
The persons executing the agreement, for and on behalf of the renter, hereby warrants that he/she is authorized to act in such capacity and has been duly authorized by such organization, and hereby assumes personal liability for the costs of excessive cleanup of the premises breakage or removal of Walker Center property by the renter or any members or guest thereof. In case this permit is issued to a group of persons under 21 years of age a minimum of two persons 21 years who would will be present. Shafter Recreation and Park District is not responsible for loss of or damage to, personal property. The Renter, in consideration of this Agreement, and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby stipulated, does hereby agree to indemnify and hold the Shafter Recreation and Park District, officers, employees and agents free and harmless of any and all demands, causes of action or any other claims whatsoever for damage to property, or injury or death to persons, arising out of, or connected with, the rental and use of the premises by the Renter and all persons attending the event.
Pool Rental Agreement
This Agreement was made, between Shafter Recreation and Park District and the Rec desk member. Our district grants the member to use the Shafter Aquatic Center on the reserved date. Permission by the District is granted upon the following terms and conditions:
1. User shall pay the District a $200 deposit to hold their reservation. Trash and debris shall be picked up by the persons using the facility. Decks must be hosed off and all equipment used by user must be put away or removed before leaving. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF DEPOSIT.
2. Remaining amount for rental is due 14 Days before the reserved date of rental. Failure to pay all fees on time will result in loss of reservation and forfeit of deposit.
3. User agrees to abide by all posted rules and understands that lifeguards have full authority to enforce these rules. Termination of pool use may occur if lifeguards deem it necessary with no refund given.
4. User will hold DISTRICT blameless for damage or injury to any person or personal property arising from the use of the premises by USER and further agrees to indemnify DISTRICT for any cost, fees, charges, attorney’s fees or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred by DISTRICT resulting from USER’S occupation of said premises.
5. USER has inspected the premises, is familiar with the same and is aware of any and all dangers incident to the use of the premises.
6. USER covenants and agrees that the premises shall be used solely for recreation, education or sport activities consistent with the purposes of DISTRICT and the above described facilities.
7. All rates are for swim party recreational swimming only. Use of the pool facility for business purposes or profit-making ventures will be subject to board approval. NO ALCOHOL, SMOKING, GRILLING, OR GLASS ITEMS ALLOWED ON PREMISES (INCLUDING THE PARKING LOT), THE FACILITY IS LOCATED ON SCHOOL PROPERTY.
1. The pool is available for rental on the following days: a.) Friday 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. b.) Saturday 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. c.) Sunday 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2. Reasons for forfeiture of deposit OR loss of reservation:
a. Trash is not picked up
b. Over the limit of patrons listed in contract
c. All equipment used by renter is not put away or removed before leaving.
d. Users do not leave promptly after their rental period has ended.
e. You made a cancellation less than 14 days before reserved date.
f. There was a failure to pay all fees 14 days before reservation date.
3. General rules:
a. Bathing suits MUST be worn in the pool. No shorts, cut-offs, or cotton-related clothing allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS!
b. All other facility rules are enforced during pool parties. Contact the pool manager for a list of these rules.
Approved Policies & Procedures Resolutions PDF’s
Approving The Form of and Authorizing the Execution of a Memoradum of Understanding and Authorizing Participation in the Special District Risk Management Authority’s Health Benefits: Resolution NO. 1012161
Approving the Application for Land and Water Conservation Funds Shafter Aquatic Center Project:
Resolution to apply for the purchase of an Alternate Fuel Vehicle:
Adopting the Updated Kern Multi-Jurisdiction Hazard Mitigation Plan:
July is Parks Make Life Better! Month:
Retirement Plan for District Employees:
Approving the Application for Youth Soccer and Recreation Development Program Grant Funds:
For the purchase and sale of services, supplies, equipment, materials, and other personal or real property:
Definition and Use of for Integrity Clause Purpose and Procedures:
Attachment “A” of the Integrity Clause:
Definition of Team Formation for Blind Draw Procedures:
Definition and Formula for Protected Player:
Zero Tolerance Policy: